The film follows Django, a slave freed by a bounty hunter with the understanding that if the former helps the latter locate several bounties, then the emancipator will help Django locate his beloved wife Broomhilda. The intrepid duo end up in the antebellum South, undercover at a plantation known as Candyland, presided over by evil son of a bitch Calvin Candie. In order to free Broomhilda, Django and Dr. King Schultz must keep their wits about them and prepare to kill a whole lot of people.
Like previous Django Unchained trailers, this one is unstoppably cool. It's shorter than the other trailers, but delivers with a whole lot of style. While other materials from the film have emphasized the more unexpectedly comedic elements, this one is almost all cool from start to finish. Jamie Foxx makes for a hell of a gunslinger, and the whole trailer is punctuated by massive amounts of gunfire. Like lots and lots of bullets flying.
Watch the trailer below or head over to Yahoo! Movies to give it a watch in high definition.
Additionally, the Weinstein Company and Loma Vista Records hasve announced the soundtrack for Django Unchained. Since this a Tarantino movie, the soundtrack is hugely important and ought to stand on its own as a most enjoyable album. The soundtrack will be on sale December 18th, preceding the film's December 25th release date.
Here's the full track listing for the album:
2. DJANGO (MAIN THEME) – LUIS BACALOV, ROCKY ROBERTS
3. THE BRAYING MULE – ENNIO MORRICONE
4. IN THAT CASE, DJANGO, AFTER YOU…
5. LO CHIAMAVANO KING (HIS NAME IS KING) – LUIS BACALOV, EDDA DELL’ORSO
6. FREEDOM – ANTHONY HAMILTON & ELAYNA BOYNTON
7. FIVE-THOUSAND-DOLLAR NIGGA’S AND GUMMY MOUTH BITCHES
8. LA CORSA (2ND VERSION) – LUIS BACALOV
9. SNEAKY SCHULTZ AND THE DEMISE OF SHARP
10. I GOT A NAME – JIM CROCE
11. I GIORNI DELL’IRA – RIZ ORTOLANI
12. 100 BLACK COFFINS – RICK ROSS
13. NICARAGUA – JERRY GOLDSMITH FEATURING PAT METHENY
14. HILDI’S HOT BOX
15. SISTER SARA’S THEME – ENNIO MORRICONE
16. ANCORA QUI – ENNIO MORRICONE AND ELISA
17. UNCHAINED (THE PAYBACK/UNTOUCHABLE) – JAMES BROWN AND 2PAC
18. WHO DID THAT TO YOU? – JOHN LEGEND
19. TOO OLD TO DIE YOUNG – BROTHER DEGE
20. STEPHEN THE POKER PLAYER
21. UN MONUMENTO – ENNIO MORRICONE
22. SIX SHOTS TWO GUNS
23. TRINITY (TITOLI) – ANNIBALE E I CANTORI MODERN